The Town of Eagle's Community Development Department provides long-range planning, development review, planning and building department oversight and code enforcement. We strive to bridge the gap between the community and the Town in all areas relating to the built environment. Our department is committed to transparency, engagement and equality.
The Town of Eagle has limited public access to town-owned facilities on a rolling basis to limit exposure and slow the transmission of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT STAFF REQUESTS:
Community Development staff is is accessible during normal work hours via telephone or email. Any in-person meetings are by appointment only. To schedule an in-person appointment with Community Development Staff, please call or email Angie Kyle at 970-328-9655 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to these changes, please expect to receive a response to your voicemail or email from a department representative within 1-3 business days.
PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION HEARINGS & TOWN COUNCIL MEETINGS:
For the most up to date information on Planning & Zoning Commission Hearings and Town Council Meetings, please visit their respective pages, located under the Governance Section of this website!
Planning Homepage - long-term commitment to economic vitality, environmental quality and development design quality.
- Active Land Use Applications - listing of all active land use applications in the Town of Eagle
- Approved Land Use Files - listing of all approved land use applications in the Town of Eagle
- Planner of the Day - questions related to planning and zoning.
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Pre-Application Meeting Request Form
- Land Use & Development Application
Building Homepage - manages permit applications, reviews building plans and inspects work in progress to ensure public health and safety where we live and work.
- Plumbing permit required in addition to the building permit if ANY plumbing work is to be done (including tenant finish and basement finish). -
- Electrical permit required in addition to the building permit if ANY electrical work is to be done (including tenant finish and basement finish).
- Mechanical Permit Application - Mechanical permit required in addition to the building permit if ANY mechanical work is to be done (including tenant finish and basement finish).
Inspection Requests - Inspections may be requested by phone, call 970-328-9626 before 4pm to schedule an inspection for the following day.
- Land Use Code Update
- The Land Use Code Update will occur after the completion of the Comprehensive Plan and will address an update to the current code that creates an appropriate structure for the different types and forms of neighborhoods, commercial centers, and future development in the Town.
- View the Land Use and Development Code Assessment (June 2019) [LINK]
- Highway 6 Corridor Plan
- The Highway 6 Corridor Plan will assess traffic patterns and congestion on Highway 6, with a specific focus on the Downtown Core and West Eagle.
- East Eagle Sub Area Plan
- This sub area plan will act as a component of the newly adopted Town of Eagle Comprehensive Plan. When completed the document will provide guidelines for the development of the RED Development property, located East of Chambers Avenue. This plan will depict the Community's vision, goals, policies, and action items for this specific land.
Planner of the Day
Permits - Building Department
Chad PhillipsCommunity Development DirectorFor Planning and Zoning inquiries, please contact Planning of the Day at email@example.com
Charlie DavisBuilding OfficialPhone: 970-328-9657
Peyton HeitzmanPlanner IPhone: 970-328-9619
Jessica LakePlanner IPhone: 970-328-9627
Angie KyleAdministrative Technician IIPhone: 970-328-9655