The Town of Eagle's Community Development Department provides long-range planning, development review, planning and building department oversight and code enforcement. We strive to bridge the gap between the community and the Town in all areas relating to the built environment. Our department is committed to transparency, engagement and equality.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT STAFF REQUESTS:
The Community Development office is open Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm. During this time staff is accessible via telephone or email. We recommend scheduling an appointment for in-person meetings. To schedule an appointment with staff, please email Planning@townofeagle.org or call (970) 328-9655.
Please note, you will receive a response to your voicemail or email from a department representative within 1-3 business days.
PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION and TOWN COUNCIL MEETINGS:
To review meeting materials from the Planning & Zoning Commission and Town Council meetings, visit the
Agendas, Minutes and Packets page.
Planning Homepage - long-term commitment to economic vitality, environmental quality and development design quality.
- Contact Us: Planner of the Day
- Planning & Zoning FAQs
- Active Land Use Applications
- Approved Land Use Files
- Planning & Zoning Commission
- Pre-Application Meeting Request Form
- Land Use Applications & Checklists
- Community Development Customer Experience Survey
Building Homepage - manages permit applications, reviews building plans and inspects work in progress to ensure public health and safety where we live and work.
Building Permit Applications & Contractor Registration:
Returning contractor click HERE
New contractor click HERE
Inspection Hotline (970) 328-9626
Please contact us no later than 4:00PM and your inspection will be scheduled for the next available inspection date.
- Town of Eagle Community Energy Efficiency Program
- By partnering with Walking Mountains and the Energy Smart Colorado program, homes and businesses in Eagle can invest in rebated projects focused on improving our community and energy use in buildings.
- ReCode Eagle:
Land Use and Development Code Update
- ReCode Eagle will address an update to the current code that creates an appropriate structure for the different types and forms of neighborhoods, commercial centers, and future development in the Town.
- View the Land Use and Development Code Assessment (December 2021)
- Grand Avenue Corridor Plan
- The Highway 6 Corridor Plan will assess traffic patterns and congestion on Highway 6, with a specific focus on the Downtown Core and West Eagle.
- East Eagle Sub Area Plan
- This sub area plan will act as a component of the newly adopted Town of Eagle Comprehensive Plan. When completed the document will provide guidelines for the development of the RED Development property, located East of Chambers Avenue. This plan will depict the Community's vision, goals, policies, and action items for this specific land.
Planner of the Day
Building & PermitsPhone: (970) 328-9622
Chad PhillipsCommunity Development Director / Town PlannerPhone: (970) 328-9651
Eddie Wilson CBOBuilding OfficialPhone: (970) 328-9657
Bethany VorthmannBuilding InspectorPhone: (970) 404-9922
Cliff SimontonSenior PlannerPhone: (970) 328-9649
Peyton HeitzmanPlanner IIPhone: (970) 328-9619
Jessica LakePlanner IIPhone: (970) 328-9627
Jackie VanEyllPermit TechnicianPhone: (970) 328-9622
Denise CardozaCommunity Development Admin Tech IIPhone: 970-328-9655