Water Billing and Other Fees
- Water Meters are read on or about the 20th of every month. Typical days in a meter read are between 28-30 days.
- Water is billed in thousands of gallons, i.e. 2,000 shows up as a "2".
- The minimum rate is charged regardless of water usage or occupancy.
- Water Bills are generally mailed the last week of the month.
- Water Bills are due by the 15th of the month.
- Our system automatically calculates a $5 late charge if payment has not been received by the end of the billing cycle.
Our bills are printed on a green postcard and mailed from the Eagle Post Office. If you do not receive your bill, please feel free to call us at 970-328-6354 or sign up for xpressbillpay to receive by email notification.
Late Payments and Shut Offs
Water Meter Service Fees
"New" Notice of Red Tag Fee in 2018 - $25.00 - Red Tags are physically posted on the door of utility account addresses for those that have a past due balance of 60 days (two billing cycles). Customer must pay account in full at least 24 hours prior to shut off date to avoid water turn off fee of $75.00.
"New" Shut Off Fee in 2018 - $75.00 - Shut Off Fees are assessed when water is turned off due to lack of payment.
"New" After Hours Turn On Fee in 2018 - $150.00 - This fee is incurred when town staff is called out after hours, on weekends or holidays to turn a customers water on after payment in full has been made. A responsible party must be available for water services to be turned back on.
"New" Meter Check Service Fee in 2018 - $75.00/hour – When a customer requests a reread of their water meter, the first meter check is included with water services. Each additional meter check on the same account will incur a $75/hour (minimum one hour).
Non-Operational Meter Fee - $100.00/month - All water users are required to have operating water meters on their system. In the event a meter is not operational, the owner shall have ten (10) days to schedule a repair date after written notice is mailed to the user by the Town. If the meter is not made operational within thirty (30) days of notice, the water user shall be assessed $100.00 per month until said meter is fixed.