Water Billing Standards and Other Fees
- Water Meters are read on or about the 20th of every month. Typical days in a meter read are between 28-30 days.
- Water is billed in thousands of gallons, i.e. 2,000 shows up as a "2".
- The minimum rate is charged regardless of water usage or occupancy.
- Water Bills are generally mailed the last week of the month.
- Water Bills are due by the 15th of the month.
- Our system automatically calculates a $5 late charge if payment has not been received by the end of the billing cycle.
- New Account – When you open a new account with the Town of Eagle you are required to pay your trash, sewer, yard waste and administrative fee one month in advance. Your bill will prorate from the date you start the account through the end of the billing cycle which will include those fees. The fees are then credited back to the account when you close the account.
Our bills are printed on a green postcard and mailed from the Eagle Post Office. If you do not receive your bill, please feel free to call us at 970-328-6354 or sign up for xpressbillpay to receive by email notification.
Late Payments and Shut Offs
Water Meter Service Fees
"New" Notice of Red Tag Fee in 2018 - $25.00 - Red Tags are physically posted on the door of utility account addresses for those that have a past due balance of 60 days (two billing cycles). Customer must pay account in full at least 24 hours prior to shut off date to avoid water turn off fee of $75.00.
"New" Shut Off Fee in 2018 - $75.00 - Shut Off Fees are assessed when water is turned off due to lack of payment.
"New" After Hours Turn On Fee in 2018 - $150.00 - This fee is incurred when town staff is called out after hours, on weekends or holidays to turn a customers water on after payment in full has been made. A responsible party must be available for water services to be turned back on.
"New" Meter Check Service Fee in 2018 - $75.00/hour – When a customer requests a reread of their water meter, the first meter check is included with water services. Each additional meter check on the same account will incur a $75/hour (minimum one hour).
Non-Operational Meter Fee - $100.00/month - All water users are required to have operating water meters on their system. In the event a meter is not operational, the owner shall have ten (10) days to schedule a repair date after written notice is mailed to the user by the Town. If the meter is not made operational within thirty (30) days of notice, the water user shall be assessed $100.00 per month until said meter is fixed.
Water – WT
The water portion of your bill represents the amount of water used each month, an approximate 30 day billing cycle, which is mid-month to mid-month. Water meters are typically read on the 20th of each month. On the upper left corner of your bill you will see the Reading Dates which is the billing period for water. You will see your previous read and current read. The consumption number is represented in thousands of gallons.
For example (1) =1,000 or (15) = 15,000.
Yard Waste – YW
The yard waste portion of your bill represents the residential fee for the use of the Town’s yard waste disposal facility. This facility has seasonal access and only limited material is accepted. You must provide a copy of your driver’s license and a Town statement for access.
Sewer – SW
The sewer portion of your bill represents the fee for providing sanitary sewer services.
Admin Fee – ADF
The administrative fee portion of your bill represents the fee the Town charges to maintain the accounting between the Town and Vail Honeywagon, our contracted service provider.
Trash – TR
The trash portion of your bill is the fee (per can) that is charged to the Town for residential trash service by our contracted service provider, Vail Honeywagon. The Town charges the customer that same fee.
Service Charge – SC
The service charge is the fee for not making your payment by the due date. You can avoid this fee if you make your payment on or before the 15th of each month.